Rebecca Rose Lobo-Rushin is a former ladies’s basketball participant who performed for the Ladies’s Nationwide Basketball Affiliation from 1997 to 2003.
Early Life of Rebecca Lobo
Rebecca Lobo was born in Hartford, Connecticut, the US on October 6, 1973. She’ll be 47 in 2021. Her ethnicity is Ashkenazi Jewish, Cuban, Spanish, Polish, German, and Irish, and she is of American nationality. RuthAnn Lobo and Dennis Lobo have a daughter named RuthAnn. Her father was additionally a basketball coach, and each her dad and mom had been lecturers. Rachel Lobo and Jason Lobo are two of her older siblings.
Her brother Jason went to Dartmouth Faculty and her sister Rachel went to Salem State Faculty to play basketball. Lobo was a member of the 1995 nationwide championship-winning College of Connecticut ladies’s basketball crew. She had beforehand attended Massachusetts’ Southwick-Tolland Regional Excessive Faculty.
Who’s Rebecca Lobo Husband?
For a very long time, Rebecca Lobo has been married. She is married to Steve Rushin, who works for Sports activities Illustrated. In Springfield, Massachusetts, the couple married on April 12, 2003.
Siobhan Rose Rushin and Maeve Elizabeth Rushin are the couple’s two daughters, and Thomas Joseph Rushin is the couple’s son. Lobo and Rushin have been married for 14 years and nonetheless have a terrific relationship. Along with her husband and kids, she now lives in Southwick, Massachusetts.
How a lot is Rebecca Lobo Net Price?
The estimated internet price of the previous WNBA star is $6 million. Her basketball and tv analyst careers made her rich. Lobo earned $30,000 per yr throughout her enjoying days. Rebecca additionally had a contract with Girl Foot Locker, a sportswear firm.
The 46-year-old, however, is alleged to make six figures as a sports activities analyst for ESPN. After her retirement, the previous Connecticut participant earns considerably greater than she did throughout her enjoying profession. Lobo has additionally made important investments in actual property, which is a rising market. Rebecca additionally has endorsement offers with Carol Colton, a monetary planner at Ronald Blue & Co.
What’s the Peak of Rebecca Lobo?
Rebecca Lobo stands 6 ft 3 inches tall. Her physique weight is 64 kilograms. She has darkish brown hair and darkish brown eyes along with these options. Her physique measurements are 33-26-35 inches in size, width, and top.
Rebecca Lobo’s Profession Line
- Lobo was recruited by over 100 faculties, however she selected the College of Connecticut as a result of of its proximity and repute for tutorial excellence.
- With an undefeated 35–0 document, she helped the Huskies win the 1995 Nationwide Championship.
- Lobo gained the 1995 Naismith Faculty Participant of the 12 months award, the Wade Trophy, the AP Participant of the 12 months award, the USBWA Participant of the 12 months award, the Honda Sports activities Award for basketball, and the WBCA Participant of the 12 months award in her senior yr.
- Lobo acquired the Honda-Broderick Cup for 1994–95, which is given to the athlete who’s “most deserving of recognition because the Collegiate Girl Athlete of the 12 months.”
- She was one of the primary inductees into the “Huskies of Honor” recognition program for ladies’s basketball on the College of Connecticut.
- Lobo was named the Ladies’s Sports activities Basis’s Sportswoman of the 12 months (crew class) in 1995. Lobo was the primary participant in Huge East historical past to be named first-team all-American in each basketball and lecturers.
- In 1992, Lobo was named to the US U18 crew (then generally known as the Junior World Championship Qualifying Crew).
- In August 1992, the crew competed in Guanajuato, Mexico.
- The crew gained their first 4 video games earlier than dropping to Brazil 80–70 to complete second within the occasion and qualify for the 1993 World Video games. Throughout the event, Lobo averaged 6.8 factors per sport.
- Lobo stayed with the crew till the U19 World Championships in 1993.
- The crew completed in seventh place after profitable 5 video games and dropping two. Lobo led the crew in scoring with 7.7 factors per sport and six blocks.
- Lobo was chosen for the nationwide crew in 1995, which later grew to become the US crew for the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta, GA. Lobo shared the gold medal regardless of enjoying just a few minutes on the courtroom.
- Lobo was assigned to the New York Liberty throughout the league’s first participant allocations on January 22, 1997, when the WNBA was shaped and loved its inaugural season.
- The Liberty was defeated within the WNBA Finals the primary season by the Houston Comets. Lobo had a setback in 1999 when she tore her left anterior cruciate ligament and meniscus within the season’s first sport.
- She was named to the inaugural WNBA All-Star crew in 1999, however attributable to an damage, she was unable to take part.
- She was traded to the Houston Comets in 2002 in change for Houston’s second-round (twenty sixth total) WNBA Draft decide.
- She was traded to the Connecticut Solar the next season and retired in 2003. Lobo additionally spent two seasons with the Springfield Spirit of the Nationwide Ladies’s Basketball League from 2002 to 2003.